1.the cardinal number that is the sum of twenty and one
2.a gambling game using cards; the object is to hold cards having a higher count than those dealt to the bank up to but not exceeding 21
adj. being one more than twenty
1. He was stricken at twenty-one with a crippling malady.
2. We waited twenty-one years, don't fail us now.
3. I was twenty-two — no, twenty-one.
4. When Joe is twenty - one he will have money to burn.
5. Winterton has never had a sniff of a government job in his entire twenty-one years in parliament.
6. There are fifteen books on the first shelf, twenty - one on the second, that makes thirty - six in all.
书架的第一层有15本书, 第二层有21本, 总共是36本.
7. He noticed that the clock on the mantelpiece said nine, meaning twenty - one.
8. When you're twenty - one , you can fly off anyplace you want.
等你到 二十一 岁, 你爱到哪儿就可以飞到哪儿去.
9. These regulations relate only to people under the age of twenty - one.
10. Twenty - one of these were Greek and included five hospital ships.
11. Not yet twenty - one , she exhibited the demeanour of a woman of forty.
尽管还不到 二十一 岁, 她已经流露出四十岁女人的风度了.
12. On a crisp November day I encountered a twenty - one - year - old woman.
秋高气爽的11月里,有一天我遇到一位21 岁 的女子.
13. Would not the light be fading at twenty - one hours on an August evening?
14. The Diet is chosen under a franchise that is universal for citizens aged twenty - one and over.
国会由年满 二十一 岁以上的公民普遍选举产生.
15. All the young men at Pulpit Hill who were eligible - those who were twenty - one - were going into service.
讲坛山上所有适龄的青年 -- 也就是说,所有二十一 岁 的青年 -- 都去入伍了.
We wanted this to be a twenty shilling coin but now in the market it's trading at twenty-one.
At the age of twenty-one, Pierre - that was the name he gave the winegrower - had been sent by his father to spend some time with his uncle in Madagascar.
So it started to drift and people started to think I think a guinea is worth more than twentyshillings and the market price drifted up to twenty-one shillings.
Then they implemented a rule that the guinea is worth twenty-one shillings.
There were twenty-one racks and more than fifteen hundred machines, each sprouting cableslike Play-Doh pushed through a spaghetti press.
Zedekiah was twenty-one years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem eleven years.
The visiting head of state was given the honour of a twenty-one salute.
Open your book at Page twenty-one.
Besides, a hunter needed a gun, and that was one thing I couldn't have, not until I was twenty-one anyway.
Twenty-one days later, I left London.