Bob was having trouble getting to sleep at night. He went to see his doctor, who prescribed some extra-strong sleeping pills. Sunday night Bob took the pills, slept well and was awake before he heard the alarm. He took his time getting to the office, strolled in and said to his boss: "I didn't have a bit of trouble getting up this morning."
"That's fine," roared the boss, "but where were you Monday and Tuesday?"
Teacher: What great event happened in 1809?
Little Willy: Abraham Lincoln was born.
Teacher: Correct. And what great event happened in 1812?
Little Willy: Abraham Lincoln had his third birthday.
1) It is never too late to learn. (活到老，学到老。)
2) It is never too late to mend. (亡羊补牢，犹时未晚。)
3) The secret of success is constancy of purpose.(成功的秘诀在于持之于恒。)
4) Misfortunes never come alone/single.(祸不单行。)
5) Misfortunes come on wings and depart on foot.(遭祸容易脱祸难。)
6) Misfortunes tell us what fortune is.(不经灾难不知福。)
7) To an optimist every change is a change for the better.(对于乐观者总是越变越好。)
8) Truth never fears investigation.(事实从来不怕调查。)
9) A good medicine tasks bitter.(良药苦口。)
10) Great minds think alike. (英雄所见略同。)